Thursday, October 5, 2017

How Hickory Dickory Dock Turned into a CSI Murder Case



Here is a torrid case where all good intentions somehow turned dark as a mother sings to her children the sweet familiar little nursery rhyme song Hickory, Dickory, Dock.
You never know how dark and twisted a sweet simple nursery rhyme song can go until you get it in the hands of a writer mom who loves Stephen King and The Walking Dead.

You see we had watched this nursery rhyme video that had cute extended lyrics to the good old poem to which I was trying to sing, but for the life of me drew a blank, so I ad-libbed! What resulted was something that would make the Brothers Grim proud.





 Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck ONE the mouse ran down. 
Hickory dickory dock.

Tick-tock Tic tock, Tick tock...

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck TWO I… uh… hit it with a shoe?Ew! I knew it was going to be downhill from here, but oh come one let’s see where this goes!

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck THREE I…uh. screamed… EEE! Hickory, dickory, dock.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock, Tick tock…

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck FOUR… um the mouse ran across the floor. Hickory Dickory dock.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock, Tick tock…

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck FIVE it’s still alive! (After hitting it with a shoe of course.) Hickory dickory dock.

Tick, tock, Tick tock, Tick tock…

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck SIX I…uh. hit it...with...a…brick? (wince, oh my gosh I just killed the sweet mouse!) Hickory dickory dock.

 Tick, tock Tick tock, Tick tock…

Hickory, dickory, dock the mouse ran up the clock(How we do not know after getting hit with a brick but wait for it.). The clock struck SEVEN the mouse went up to heaven. Hickory, dickory…

 Oh my gosh, I just turned Hickory, Dickory, Dock, into a CSI murder case to my CHILDREN! Who were by the way lying in their beds rolling around in laughter not disturbed at all. Correction they ARE DISTURBED! Yep, my kids probably need therapy now.


No comments:

Post a Comment